Dear HCS family members,
Your continued prayers and support for our school have been felt throughout my short time at HCS. Establishing consistent times for prayer, both in the morning and afternoon, was an immediate goal I wanted to accomplish. While encouraging prayer is certainly not the only high-priority goal, I feel it's the most vital to improving our Catholic identity.
Currently, there are multiple initiatives HCS administration and staff are working towards accomplishing before the 2017-18 school year begins. The initiatives listed believe aren't necessarily in order of priority. As our school progresses on these initiatives, please pray for our clarity, focus and vision to make these decisions with your child in mind.
1) Dissecting our math curriculum to guide our purchase of new textbooks.
2) Changing our school e-mail from Horde to Gmail, a more efficient alternative.
3) Pricing new Google Chromebooks with the possibility of using these for eLearning.
4) Planning for thirty minutes of ISTEP+ preparation each day for students in grades 3-8. 5) In the planning stages of establishing Canvas, a learning management system, which would allow HCS to implement eLearning.
6) Hiring a part-time Spanish teacher for grades K-8.
7) Implement a school app named Remind, which allows schools to reach parents through technology.
8) Monthly principal newsletters.
9) Increase enrollment through a targeted marketing campaign.
As I stated above, these nine initiatives are in the process of being completed prior to the 2017-18 school year. The most pressing needs are improving our Catholic identity, purchasing new math textbooks, adding supplemental materials for mathematics, preparing our children in grades 3-8 for ISTEP+ and beginning the principal newsletters. The technology-based initiatives are in the process of being accomplished and will allow our school to run much more efficiently.
Lastly, an administrative goal is to establish a presence during school activities, after-school meetings or related events. Setting an example for our children comes from the top. Being visible for our children allows them to become familiar with administration, giving me the opportunity for supporting our children in their spiritual and academic pursuits. We appreciate your continued prayers for HCS during this interim period and also ask for your patience as we move towards accomplishing those initiatives.
Yours in Christ,
Mr. Derek Boone